Perry Central Elementary - Daily Announcements
October 11, 2019
Parents - when sending notes in, please be sure to include the date, your child’s name and his/her teacher’s name. Thank you!
News & Notes
- Spirit week will be the week we return from Fall Break... Oct 21st Monday is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Twin Day, Wednesday is Nerd Day, Thursday is Halloween Day ( NO MASKS), and Friday is Crazy Green Day.
- Donations of cakes, cupcakes and cookies for the Fall Fest will be collected at school in the elementary office before and during the Fall Fest on October 29th.
- Friday is 50 Cent hat day for students., It is also $1.00 ice cream day!
- 4th grade Field Trip for tomorrow Friday Oct 11 has been cancelled due to weather and is rescheduled for Tuesday Oct 29 to Trunnell's Farm.
- Lights on will have running practice this Thursday October 10, 2019
- 5th Grade Boys Basketball will begin their 1st practice October 21st at 7 - 8:30 p.m. in the Elementary Gym
- 6th Grade Boys Basketball will begin their 1st practice October 21st at 5:30 - 7 p.m. in the Dome
- We have a few Carson Strong shirts left in the office for sale. XL - $15 and 2XL - $17.
- Box Tops- If a student collects and brings in 25 box tops, they will be given a FREE ice cream coupon.
- Paragon Fundraiser - Please turn in money as soon as possible.
- Lights-On Runner's Club today (Monday). Students in grades K-6 are invited to participate. Practice running sessions will begin at 4:00. There will be a Finale One Mile Course Competition on Thursday, October 24th. For more information, please contact Ms. Deidra or Ms. Dixie
- Volunteer Club will return and meet on Wednesdays.
- Recycling Markers - We will once again be teaming up with Crayola Color Cycle and recycling markers Please send dead markers & highlighters to the elementary office. Thank you for making the effort to see that these items do not end up in our landfills & oceans.
- VFW Voice of Democracy - Information is available in the HS wall pockets concerning the VFW Voice of Democracy (gr. 9-12) and Patriot’s Pen (gr. 6-8) competition. Deadline is October 31st.
- Reminder: Please label jackets, lunch boxes, and backpacks with student names.
- Outdoor Adventures will be going to Lark Ranch in Loogootee, IN on Sunday, October 27th. We will meet at Perry Central dome at 10:00am and return at 7:00pm. The cost in $30 and includes lunch, dinner, transportation and all of the following activities: corn maze, hay ride, train ride, slide mountain, mechanical bull, air extreme, orbitron, jumping pillow, barrel ride, corn cannon, and farm animals. Please fill out form, cash or check to Perry County 4-H Council and return to Perry Central by Wednesday, October 23rd. This event is open to all kids in grades 3-12. For more information, contact Pam Hilgenhold at 812-836-2886 or 812-549-5806.
- Everyone is invited to Commodore Table the last Tuesday of each month. Free, nutritious meals are served in the elementary cafeteria starting at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome, those attending do not need to be in school. Notice date change for October is now the 22nd. Also, the date for November is the 26th. December date to be announced.
- October 29, 2019 is our Fall Festival from 5:30 to 7:30 come join the fun. More information to follow.
- Old T-Shirts: Commodore manufacturing is in need of t-shirts, A LOT of t-shirts! We will take any and all cotton t-shirts any size and any color that you would like to donate to the class.
- Fall Break Day Camp - S & R Events and Purdue Extension Perry County are partnering together to host a Fall Break Day Camp October 14-18th at Perry County 4-H Fairgrounds. All students Kindergarten-9th grade are invited. Meet new friends, play games, arts & crafts, and much more! Cost is $95 for the week (financial assistance is available). Drop off as early as 7 a.m. and pickup as late as 6 p.m. each day, snacks provided, bring your own lunch! For more information or to register, please contact Adam Stowe at 270-945-8700, Deadline to register is Fri., Oct. 4th, 2019
- Immunization Clinics - The Perry County Health Department holds Immunization clinics for vaccinations. Under-insured and Uninsured children's vaccinations given at $8/shot, (effective 9/1/2019 shot cost will increase to $ 10/shot) however, no one is turned away for inability to pay. Commercially Insured Patients have two clinics: Monday 9-11 a.m. at Perry County Health Department by appointment only (call 812-547-2746) and Monday 12-5 p.m. at Perry County Memorial Hospital by appointment only (call 547-0128). Medicaid, Under-insured and Non-insured have two clinics: Mondays 1-4 p.m. walk-ins (check in by 3:30) at Perry County Health Department and Tuesdays 9 - 11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. (check in by 3:30) walk ins at Perry County Health Department.
- Friday is 50 cent Jean day for staff
Happy Birthday today to Chevy Kasinger and over fall break to Ava Gibson, Wayde Hall, Garison Hayes, Ryder Henson, Brigg Rogier, Aden Sommer, Jason Cole, Charlee Stewart, Taylor Meyer, Khi Williams, Kason Conner, Griffin Harpenau, Shayne Lynch, Jadin Zorn, Brynlee Graman, Lily Lynch, Dayton Burch, Madilynn Hensley, Rylee Parr, Luke Zellers, Jerome Burton, Dominic Stewart, Sam Young and staff Shelly Kunkel,