Perry Central Elementary - Daily Announcement
March 13, 2020
- Parents - when sending notes in, please be sure to include the date, your child’s name and his/her teacher’s name.
- Our lost and found is overflowing. Parents, please label Coats, hats, etc with Child's name so we can help return the items. All left over items will be donated at the end of the month.
News & Notes
- HUNTER'S EDUCATION IS CANCELLED FOR TODAY. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
- PC Preschool-Kindergarten 2020-2021 round up will be Thursday April 16th. Contact the Elementary for times available.
- No School-- Spring Break week March 16th through March 20th, 2020.
- Hunter's Education course will continue through Friday, March 13th.
- The Elementary office has a pair of girls size 6 softball cleats donated to anyone who needs a pair for the season. Please contact the office if you are interested
- T-Ball forms are being sent home this week. Forms and Registration Fees are due no later than Friday, April 10th.
- Mommy and Me Dance sponsored by Stepping Stones Preschool will be March 27th, 6-8 pm at the St. Augustine Parish Hall 18020 Lafayette St. Leopold, In. Forms are being sent home with children in pk -3rd grade. additional forms are available at the Elementary office.
- Art Contest 2020 "What would it be like if animals could be teachers, principals, or school staff? The only limit is your imagination! The contest starts on January 27th and continues to March 20th. Go to ArtContest.ESS.com to enter and for contest details. Sponsored by Will Sub. Winning students will receive a $500 gift card plus $500 gift card for their school.
- There is a suitcase in lost and found that contains ice skates and clothes.
- Family Outreach is in need of paper bags from Holiday Food Stores. If anyone has any to donate it would be appreciated.
- Earn Cash for our school by turning in Box Tops.. Beginning now through March 1st the classroom who turns in the most Box Tops will earn a Pizza and Ice Cream party for their classroom. There will be two grade categories for more chances to win. Preschool through 2nd grades will be competing against one another and then 3rd through 6th grades will be competing against one another. Of course if the student would rather use 50 box tops to get a free ice cream on Fridays they can still do that too. Thank you for helping to earn money for our school and happy clippings or scanning.
- Box Tops - If a student collects and brings in 25 box tops, they will be given a FREE ice cream coupon.
- Reminder: Please label jackets, lunch boxes, and backpacks with student names.
- Spread the news 4-H Annual Mulch Fundraiser provided by Perry County 4H will be Saturday, April 18th. Natural Wood Mulch sold by 1 Cubic Yard= Aporoximately 13 Bag: $ 30. Spreading of the mulch: $ 10 per cubic yard. Delivery outside Tell City and Cannelton City limits available (up to 25 Miles) ; $ 10.00 To place an order call Prudue Extension- Perry County 4-H 812-547-7084 by April 13.
- Free Aerobics are back: Brought to you by PC Adult Education, Presented by Everbody's Fitness at Perry Central Cafetorium on Wednesdays Feb 5 thru Mar 11 from 5:30 pm to 6:15pm
- Old T-Shirts: Commodore manufacturing is in need of t-shirts, A LOT of t-shirts! We will take any and all cotton t-shirts any size and any color that you would like to donate to the class.
- Immunization Clinics - The Perry County Health Department holds Immunization clinics for vaccinations. Under-insured and Uninsured children's vaccinations given at $ 10/shot, however, no one is turned away for inability to pay. Commercially Insured Patients have two clinics: Monday 9-11 a.m. at Perry County Health Department by appointment only (call 812-547-2746) and Monday 12-5 p.m. at Perry County Memorial Hospital by appointment only (call 547-0128). Medicaid, Under-insured and Non-insured have two clinics: Mondays 1-4 p.m. walk-ins (check in by 3:30) at Perry County Health Department and Tuesdays 9 - 11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. (check in by 3:30) walk ins at Perry County Health Department.
FACULTY & STAFF: A sign-up sheet is in the HS office by the mailboxes to see the representative from Security Benefit concerning 401 (a) & 403 (b), & VEBA Spring Account Reviews. The representative will be here on Thurs., March 26th.
Happy Birthday today to Wyatt Harris, Seth Schwartz, Alexander Tempel